Climate action plan
About the activity
The Climate Action Plan will serve the Municipality Bratislava-Karlova Ves as a strategic document in the process of mitigation and adaptation to climate change in the municipality.
The Municipality Bratislava-Karlova Ves has the role of preparing the Climate Action Plan in the valid Program of Economic Development and Social Development of the Municipality Bratislava-Karlova Ves for 2016 – 2023 (hereinafter “PHSR”), which was the basic comprehensive medium-term programming and development document of the Municipality Bratislava Karlova Ves prepared and approved in 2016. The first version of the Climate Action Plan was prepared in June 2020. The aim of this activity is to prepare an updated detailed Climate Action Plan for 2023 – 2033. The document sets a long-term vision of measures to increase climate resilience, sustainable energy and reduction of CO₂ emissions and will include a proposal for specific adaptation and mitigation measures to be taken (short-, medium- and long-term measures), as well as information on potential benefits or opportunities, responsibilities, key milestones, priority sectors, desired outcomes (social / environmental / economic).
Project activity indicators: 1 climate action plan completed / updated, 4 soft measures to support the implementation of systematic strategic planning.
What we have done so far
- November – December 2020 – Preparation of the work schedule for the updating of the Climate Action Plan. Consultations with partners.
- January 2021 – April 2021 – Gathering information, experiences from other countries – Climate Action Plans in Europe (France, Germany) and Norway.
- May – June 2021 – Overview of current knowledge, methodologies and policies at the EU and national level – overview of available strategic and background documents for the preparation of KAP, survey of differences in SECAP and GHG methodologies in the calculation of emissions. Preparation of background material summarizing the analytical work and the plan for updating the KAP for the Municipality Bratislava Karlova Ves by 2023.
- July – December 2021 – Monitoring of KAP implementation, preparation of an overview of implemented activities, updating of a detailed plan of activities.
- January – May 2022 – Evaluation of the sequestration (mitigation effect) of green infrastructure within the territory of the Municipality Bratislava Karlova Ves.
- June – September 2022 – Evaluation of the expected impacts of climate change, evaluation of the summer of 2022 and a summary of the consequences of climate change for the Municipality Bratislava Karlova Ves. Calculation of the mitigation effect of green infrastructure. Mitigation contribution of green infrastructure in Municipalities and evaluation of the partial share of green and anthropogenic green infrastructure.